Posted by Paris & I on
Our skin can often be one of our most neglected areas, despite it being the largest organ on our body. We do, after all, live in it! So here is our guide to healthy glowing skin! The whole skin care game sometimes can get a bit overwhelming and you just don’t know where to start… We’re here to help! Our 7 tips you can implement to get your summer glow on.
1: SPF Daily! Slip, Slop, SlapIt’s the best kept beauty secret that’s not really a secret. This is the MOST IMPORTANT tip. Wearing sunscreen on your face all year round is a must! Even when it's overcast, up to 80% of the sun's rays are still being absorbed by your skin. Wearing sunscreen can reduce your risk of skin cancer, protect against sunburn, prevent wrinkles & fine lines. When choosing a sunscreen, look for the phrase “broad spectrum.” There are two types of UV light that can harm your skin — UVA and UVB. A broad-spectrum sunscreen protects you from both.
2. Drink WaterIt's not a myth, drinking enough water is essential for overall skin health. Staying hydrated keeps your skin moisturised, healthy, and, you guessed it, GLOWING. Aim for around 2.5 - 3L daily! When your skin is dehydrated it becomes more prone to skin problems such as dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, discolouration, and even premature wrinkling. Your body will also struggle to eliminate toxins when it's dehydrated.
3. Plenty Of Beauty Sleep Never underestimate the benefits of sleep for healthy, vibrant skin! Sleep affects your skin and not getting enough quality rest will speed up the ageing process also leaving you with dull dehydrated skin. 7-8 hours a night is key! Your body & skin will thank you for it I guess that’s why it’s called “beauty sleep”, it’s so true!
4. Balanced DietWe all know the saying, “You are what you eat.” A correct balance of food will feed your skin the vital nutrients it needs to help it stay soft, supple and blemish-free. Lots of fruit & vegetables, and healthy fats, are amazing for our skin. The vitamins and nutrients they contain are good for healing your skin and maintaining its health.
5. Stay ActiveGetting your heart rate up and improving blood circulation, can help to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin which keeps the skin healthy, promotes collagen production, and promotes new skin cells which keeps the skin looking glowing. Even a quick walk or stretch to move your body is so good not only for our skin but mental health.
6. Always Take Your Make Up Off Never skip cleansing your skin before bed and a double cleanse is always recommended to remove all traces of makeup, sunscreen, and dirt. Especially after a night out when your bed looks extra inviting.. don’t do it girls! We want to GLOW!
7. Moisturise DailyDaily moisturising is vital for healthy skin, our skin is the body’s largest organ and requires regular attention to stay young, blemish-free and healthy. While hot water is super relaxing, moisturising after your shower is so important because hot water strips all the moisture and oils out of your skin, leaving it thirsty and dry. Never skip this step! Moisturising daily also reduces the chance of developing extreme dryness or oiliness. Both extremes are harmful for skin and cause common skin conditions like acne.We hope these little tips help you in some way! We have found since committing to them our skin looks & feels SO much better!P.S If you’re looking for affordable AMAZING skin care we highly recommend Nu Skin! We both have been using Nu Skin for years now and swear by it! *Not Sponsored*We will leave the links of the products we use daily below;
These links will also give you a cheeky discount!
Love Paris & Sammi xx